Monday, 19 August 2013

Welcome to Copenhagen, Demark!

Well I’m finally here, sat in the bar area of the Generator Hostel in Copenhagen. My blogging hit an all time low in my final few days as i’ve been so busy with packing, planning and spending time with family and friends. It’s been a pretty emotional weekend, but it didn’t really hit me that I was leaving until my last goodbye at the airport. I had been so concerned that I would miss my flight and couldn’t check my baggage in because I was late that when it was time to say goodbye to my mum, the emotion that had been building over that weekend burst. I had become so fogged by making sure I had all I needed and would be in the right place at the right time, when she put her arms around me, it final dawned on me that it would be the last time I would see everyone for a long time.

My life boxed up for shipping

Delayed for departure...

This then made for an strange flight, taking a plane independently for my first time. I’m a nervous flyer as it is but I just sat in a daze for most of it. The flight was quick and comfortable but I don’t really remember much of it. Arriving at Copenhagen airport was easy, having made the journey only a few months ago. The train station is situated directly below the airport entrance and although a slight delay, I reached my stop perfectly fine. I’m pretty good in orientation situations and found my hostel with ease (although I looked like a such a tourist with my giant pull out map, wheeling around oversized luggage).

Copenhagen airport from arrivals

I have to admit that my first night was a lonely one. Because I was already feeling sad and it was my first night in a hostel, I found it difficult talking to anyone and having to find some dinner alone..
Perhaps this post has taken a slightly more depressing tone than I originally set out for it to be but I think I’d rather be honest than mask it with false feelings and pretend I had the best time ever.

BUT as they say in the Book Of Mormon (which by the way is the best musical ever!!).. ‘it’s time to man up!’… So I did! I woke up for my first induction day and have had an excellent day so far. I met lots of people in the same situation as me so it made introductions and conversation easy. I even met a girl who eventually checked into my dorm in the hostel so it’s nice to have someone to chat with.

It’s going to be a tough few weeks and a bit of a culture shock but I’m feeling more positive after today about what I have in store. I also know that it won’t be long before I see people again and that Skype is my saviour!!

Byeee for now!

Last picture with the girls 


  1. Thank you sooo much for the follow.^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Visit me on
    circleofchaos on